Here is the quick and easy guid to upgrade BSNL CPAN node 610A A1/ A2 localy.
To Upgrade the A1 node, you need following Hardware/ softwares:
1. RJ45 LAN CABLE (Straight).
2. A PC/ Laptop with telnet services enabled.
3. WinSCP. (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD)
4. Device software patch and version inform CFG:
Google Link: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
1. First step to upgrade the CPAN node 610A is to set up the NIC of your computer. Make sure your computer is reachable to the node IP address. Make sure you can ping the ip. Note: the DEFAUT IP OF CPAN A1 NODE 610A IS : 10.18.0.11.
2. OPEN WINSCP program in windows. Use SCP protocol. Username and passwords as: root/root.
Upload version inform file : fibmgmt_dev_info.cfg into /etc/lrconfig
Upload upgradation file : dev_upgrade.dat into /usr/local/data
3. TELNET: Open the cmd and telnet to the targeted IP address. (Here the targated IP is the ip of A1 node to be upgraded.)
Username and Password for the telent login will be "root/root"
Type command as:
telnet A node device IP，Login，user ID and PSW is root
When rebooting TELNET will be disconnected and whole reboot process will takes around 5-6 minutes.
4. Check Version:
To check version of the upgraded node:
telnet to the device with username and passwords as root/root and type following commands:
PTN_610A#ems-show version compile-time
BOARD VERSION RELEASE: V100R001C01B029